All shuttle drivers are professionally licensed drivers employed by TransDev and have passed extensive background checks and lengthy additional driver training. B.U.S drivers are uniformed and wear a B.U.S. photo badge, which you may ask to see at any time.
Shuttle Routes and Schedule
Brown provides two daytime shuttle routes (Express and Connector) covering College Hill, the Jewelry District, and hospitals. Additionally, a fixed-route evening shuttle serves College Hill bi-directionally every evening. Beyond regular evening shuttle hours, Brown's OnCall shuttle service provides point-to-point transportation. Brown also runs an Access Shuttle service for individuals with disabilities.
View Brown's current shuttle schedule which includes the days and times of operation for all shuttles.
- You must present your ID card when boarding the vehicles. This is to ensure the safety of both our drivers and our riders.
- The following is not allowed on the shuttles: pets, smoking or vaping, alcohol (in open or unopened containers), and consumption of food and drink.
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, and high touchpoint locations are cleaned throughout the day.
- You have the right to be driven in a safe manner and to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You have the obligation to treat TransDev employees with courtesy and respect.
- TransDev reserves the right to deny transport to any passenger if, in the judgment of the driver, the passenger’s behavior is a danger to the vehicle, the driver, or other passengers.
- If you damage the shuttle vehicle, you will be billed for the repairs.
By entering the shuttle vehicle, you agree to abide by these policies. Those who violate them will be denied service.
For more information or to register feedback about the shuttle services, please contact email@example.com.